Recycle Day Event Changes
Due to the closing of GRE (Great River Energy), and their inability to no longer accept MSW (Municipal Solid Waste) – common household garbage, the City of Becker has had to make a tough decision that will directly impact what will be accepted at future Recycle Day Events. Consequently, The City of Becker will no longer be able to take any Municipal Solid Waste (garbage) from any individuals participating in the Recycle Day Event.
This year’s Recycle Day Event is scheduled for Saturday, May 16, 2020 from 9am-1pm. Please ensure that you have a valid Driver’s License or Property Tax Form available.
Individuals that are participating in this service will still be allowed to drop off:
- Mattress/Box Springs
- Scrap Metal
- Propane Tanks
- Used Oil
- Oil Filters
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Paper Shredding
Individuals that are participating in paper shredding will be allowed to shred:
- Paper Clips
- Small Binder Clips
- Rubber Bands
- Envelopes with Clasps
- Spiral Binders
- Hanging Folders
- File Folders with Metal Clasps
- Virtually anything you might find in a file drawer can go through the shredder!
Items that cannot be shredded:
- Large Binder Clips
- 3-Ring Note Books with the Hard Book Covers
May 18, 2019 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Please click on the link below to view The City of Becker/Becker Township Recycle Day Pricing List!
Options for Bulk Garbage Disposal
For a fee, you can take your miscellaneous garbage to Waste Management. Please call 320-253-6491 for any questions! Please note they are located at: 650 NE Highway 10, St. Cloud, MN 56304. M-F 8am-4pm
Please contact us to arrange curbside pickup of appliances, electronics, furniture or other special items. Rest assured we fully disclose our fees, and we manage all services in compliance with local,state and federal regulations. We take (almost) everything. It’s the ACE difference.
- One business day advance noticerequired.
- Collection is provided on your regular service day.
- Items should be placed cub side by 6:30 a.m. on collection day
- Loose items should be bagged,bundled or boxed.
- Large items should be brokendown to be manageable for one person.
- Simply call 763-427-3110.
Please call the office at 763-972-3335 and they will be able to assist you with pickup and the cost of the MSW.