Gun Permit to Purchase
The Becker Police Department can process Permit to Purchase applications (no fee) for those with a valid address within the City of Becker city limits only. Residents of Becker Township or living the Sherburne County area will be directed to the Sherburne County Sheriff's Office in Elk River. To begin the process, you may pick up an application at the Becker Police Department or fill out and print the Permit to Purchase Application (listed below).
Once complete, you can drop it off at the Becker Police Department or you can email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following:
* A color copy/photo of your VALID government issued ID, front and back
* The address on your application and your ID must match, and that address must be within the City of Becker . If you need to change your address prior to sending in your application, please send a copy of the address change along with a copy of your ID.
Once your application has been processed, you will be notified to pick up your card at the Becker Police Department. You must appear in person with a valid ID to retrieve the card. Permits to purchase are valid for one year.
The Becker Police Department is located at 12060 Sherburne Ave, Becker, MN 55308. Hours are Monday through Thursday 8:00am-4:30pm and Fridays 8:00am-12:00pm. Please call the office with any questions at 763-200-4267.
* Complete the state application. All areas of the application must be filled in completely, signed and dated. Falsified applications will be reviewed for possible criminal prosecution.
* You must be a U.S. citizen or legal alien. Applicants must have a current Minnesota driver's license, Minnesota ID card or passport with supporting residency documentation on their person at the time of application.
* You must be 21 years of age or older under federal law to acquire handguns from licensed dealers.
* You must not be a fugitive. Any type of warrant (including petty parking) classifies a person as a fugitive.
* You must not be the subject of a restraining order.
* You must not meet any exclusion for permit criteria.