The Becker Police Department is looking to collaborate and partner with citizens with this Neighborhood Security Camera Program. This voluntary program is an opportunity for citizens and businesses to assist the Becker Police Department in investigations by providing security camera footage. This footage often comes from cameras mounted externally on a business or residence and directed at an area that may be of assistance to the Police Department. By participating, you are not allowing the Police Department direct access to your camera system, rather you are indicating that than Officer can contact you should an incident occur near where your camera is located and any footage obtained could assist in the investigation. The goal of this program is to work closer with our citizens and community to better investigate crimes and to deter further criminal activity.
HOW CAN YOU HELP AND PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROGRAM
All registrants agree to the following:
* Under no circumstances should registrants construe that they are acting as an agent or employee of the City of Becker or the Becker Police Department.
* Information obtained will be for official purposes only.
* Participation in this program is voluntary and can be terminated at any time.
* The Becker Police Department will not have direct access to any cameras registered in this program but may contact the registrant if assistance is needed.
* Any footage containing or related to criminal activity may be collected from the owner by the Becker Police Department for use as evidence during any stage of a criminal investigation.
* If you wish to withdraw from the program at any time, contact the Becker Police Department at 763-200-4267 or Officer Jenna Voigt at firstname.lastname@example.org.