The Becker Police Department Volunteer Reserve Officer Unit is comprised of approximately 10 men and women who assist the Police Department in numerous activities and functions. Their primary role is to assist officers and the department where needed which may include: traffic control at events such as 5K's, presence at Freedom Days, ride-alongs, house checks, training, etc. These volunteers provide vital assistance to our department and in 2021 donated in excess of 1,714 hours back to the City of Becker.
Requirements for employment as a Volunteer Reserve Officer include:
1. Eighteen (18) years of age (not presently in High School)
2. United States citizen
3. Possess a valid Minnesota Driver's License
4. Pass an employment interview
5. Pass a stringent background investigation. Will include examination of driving record and criminal history
6. Willingness to contribute a minimum of 10 hours per month, which may include ride-alongs, trainings and meetings
Contact the Police Department for more information at 763-200-4267.
Police Officer Jenna Voigt - Silver Award (former Reserve Lieutenant)
Reserve Lieutenant Tristan Mello - Gold Award
Presidential Service Awards are awarded on a yearly basis to those who contribute a specific number of hours to the Becker Police Department and City of Becker. They are awarded a certificate, pin and challenge coin for their efforts.
Thank you to our Reserve Officers for their continued commitment to our Department and City!